Global Agrilnno Challenge | 2020
Call for Applications
Event Type: Challenge
Deadline to apply: 8 November 2020
Global Agrilnno Challenge 2020 aimed at identifying, accelerating, and scaling-up youth-led innovative business models and digital solutions to unlock the potentials of agri-food innovation to address the challenges of distribution and sales of agri-food products, FAO, in partnership with Zhejiang University is organizing the 2020 Global Agrilnno Challenge executing the accompanying activities:
- Sharing the latest information, knowledge, and best practices in agri-food innovation, technology, and business models;
- Building an enabling environment through public-private partnership and co-creation openings with diverse members, practitioners, and experts;
- Engaging and empowering the young agripreneurs and innovators to tackle development challenges through FAO and partners’ global network and continuous support during and after the innovation challenge.
- The team has registered as a company or the project has been operational for 2-5 years.
- The subject of this year is the distribution and sales of agri-food products.
- The team needs to harness digital technology to solve a problem relating to agri-food product distribution and sales.
- Teams with female agripreneurs are highly encouraged.
- One leader of the group must be under 35 years of age.
- Each team ought to be composed of a minimum of 2 people, maximum of 5 people to participate on-site.
- The possibility and ability of technology to solve the problem of the distribution and sales of agri-food products must be clearly presented.
- The possibility of replication or scaling-up the business model must be demonstrated.
- 2-days professional development on around your team’s solution through an approach of co-creation with other young agripreneurs/innovators and experienced professionals around the globe. All expenses for attending this final competition in China will be covered, including a) ravels expenses, b) accommodation and meals c) visa application fees as applicable for international participants.
- The access to open data sets from FAO and other accomplices.
- Advice from experienced experts from the UN, global organizations, the private sector, and academia, and the chance to have a dialogue with high-level representatives from leading companies and organizations.
- The opportunity to meet top angel investors from venture capital funds and business leaders in the agri-food sector who may invest in your solutions.
- The chance to set up your global network in smart agriculture with a multitude of stakeholders.
- The top winning teams will get seed funding
For more details:
For further details please click on the link http://fao.org/e-agriculture/open-call-global-agrinno-challenge-2020