Global Compact Internships at the UN In the USA
Call for Applications
Host country: USA
Deadline to Apply: 6 December 2020
Host Organizer: United Nations
Apply for the Global Compact Internships at the UN in the USA. The cutoff time for the application is 6 December 2020. Organization: Department of Operational Support
Depending on their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will;
- Conduct research relating to the topic of corporate sustainability;
- Also, draft and edit publications, papers and different records/documents;
- Likewise, liaise with Global Compact stakeholders/partners on key corporate sustainability topics;
- Similarly, support the organization of meetings and events
- Assist with outreach activities;
- Also, handle email and other inquires;
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned
Qualifications for Global Compact Internships:
The candidates must meet the given criteria;
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements; (a) be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program; (C) moreover, have graduated with a university degree and if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation. Field of study to be preferably in political science, history, international relations, law or a related field; be computer literate in standard software applications. Also, have a keen interest in the work of the UN and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Likewise, have demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with people of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Program. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, candidates must have fluency in English. Also, knowledge of another UN official language, such as Arabic or French, is an advantage.
For more details:
Please click on the link http://careers.un.org/ibw/jobdetail.aspx?id=142490