Country: Cambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, PNG, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tonga, and Vietnam
Details: The Asia Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) Amplifying Trans support Fellowship aims to support Trans and gender-diverse human rights defenders (HRDs) from Asia and therefore the Pacific to apply the international human rights responsibility mechanisms, akin to UPR and written agreement observance bodies, to amplify their existing support work around trans rights at national and international levels.
The Fellowship is intended to capacitate Trans HRDs on international human rights mechanisms through an online course which can be control between 15 September – 20 Oct 2020. When the completion of the online course, chosen fellows can receive a little grant to implement their support interventions focused around international human rights mechanisms.
Fellows can receive steerage and technical support from APTN as they implement their support interventions. The Fellowship also will give opportunities to be told from peers and to network with advocates performing on women’s rights and sexual and generative rights.
You should apply for APTN Amplifying Trans support Fellowship if you:
1. Reside and work in Asia and therefore the Pacific, preferably in Cambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, PNG, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tonga, and Vietnam
2. Identify as Trans or non-binary.
3. Demonstrate associate degree interest in engagement and support efforts in progressing Trans rights
4. Are obtainable on the dates and committed to participate within the on-line course which can be control between 15 September – 20 Oct 2020.
5. Are fluent in written and spoken English.
For a lot of information, visit https://www.weareaptn.org/2020/06/11/call-for-applications-aptn-amplifying-trans-advocacy-fellowship-2020/